PSO2 Story Guide (Extra)
Special Quest Mission Write Ups
Green Text: Speculation
What You Do/The official "Party Line" appears in RED TEXT
Bold Text: Important information
Choice Options: Blue Text
Dates & Times (Story is time travel related) Purple Text
|Story Guide Page 1 * Story Guide Page 2 * Story Guide Page 3 *|
|Sometimes there are "Extras" that don't add directly to the main plot.
This can be side stories 'ex' missions or other special circumstances where something's revealed or there's characterization or other goings on that should be recorded, but don't fit directly into the main timeline of the game. This page details out what happens away from the main plot.
Chapter EX = 11 Arks Battle Festa
This is a tacked on chapter (sort of) to episode 1. It takes place all through dates 4/9 to 4/9 later in the afternoon, and doesn’t interact with anything else. That’s why it’s on a separate page, and it’s events don’t appear amongst the timeline of the rest of the items. It's also very long in that there are many paths to choose with a bunch of different characters.
Huey appears over the intercom as soon as you reach the camp ship. He’s obnoxious as usual, taunting that “since everyone didn’t do well against Falz Elder the Arks are doing poorly and need to be culled so anyone who does bad here gets fired”. Which is quite big talk from a man who never raised 1 hand against Falz Elder himself. He’s very derogatory the whole time sneering that it’ll be fun for him to see ‘you little bastards try to keep your jobs’ against all the tests he’s set up. He says hurry up and pick a partner. You can choose:
So, to get the full details from the quest, you have to run it 1 time with each choice to see what those characters have to say. It shows you the other participants like Revelle & Barbara, Hans & Jozef, and a RAmar & FO looking men. Before long, Claris Claes appears (in his ship, they are both in a small drop ship) to fight with him over who’s announcing. She says she had fun helping with the planning of the event, and goes on while he scowls her down. She says there’s a prize at the end (Which he didn’t want revealed) but they eventually fly off letting you get to it.
Marlu: If you choose her, she was hoping you would & thinks you 2 will do well
Patty & Tea
Try to go alone:
At the mid point, Sara will say that “The old hag isn’t here so there shouldn’t be any problems”. Who is the old hag? No matter what ending you get, you do not see any other character and it’s never revealed who she’s talking about.T
he Story Quest:
The list of shenanigans follows:
1. Enemies in boxes where you open it with a switch will mostly just LEAVE. This makes it very difficult for hunters to hit them, because they don’t attack, they simply walk off. Once they get far enough away, they de-spawn themselves and you don’t get points. You MUST be prepared to high powered shoot or have distance knockdown. This is the MOST IMPORTANT and irritating item in the list! If you miss even 1 Kradah you won't get 1000 points.
2. Enemies who have the tendency to klutz out / wander will be set to do so to a big degree, such as whirlin’ away micdas, meandering dagacha, and leaping wolves. If they go too far away, they despawn.
3. Darkers & natives still hate each other, so if they fight & kill each other you don’t get the point. Huey knows this and the level will deliberately spawn both together out of reach so if you don't kill enemies to open the next area fast enough they'll just up and kill eachother & you lose the point.
4. It’s quite trapped up. Exploding traps, ring traps and poison turrets are in every nook waiting to interrupt your fight and let enemies despawn to sabotage you
5. Everything seems set to use its irritating “leap/distance/zooming” moves such as wolgada leap far, banther jump away, predicada teleport & so on to waste tons of time and rough it up for hunters.
6. Huey is wise to breedas ability to spawn el dagans. They don’t count for points so you can’t farm them to make up for ones who walked away
7. If you take too long to kill something it can de spawn
8. Go EVERYwhere open every snow, rock, grass and path if you don’t ferret out every enemy you miss points. This includes grass! Break all breakable scenery.
9. Case every area for guns traps & rings FIRST before you open anything. Every enemy wants to despawn, if there are any distractions, they will. This includes spawning other enemies first.
10. HP may be elevated for some enemies so they take longer to kill / more chance to despawn
11. For ‘button press’ activated enemies the buttons are on timers. Once the timer runs out the enemy or boss will de-spawn.
There are now 2 paths that the story can take:
If you have gotten all the points:
Why did Claris mention ‘a prize’ when it’s totally Huey’s bag to ‘be the prize’?
Fight Opener Sara:
Of course, this fight is timed too, you have about 4 minutes to knock him down or you will lose. If you’ve used up a majority of mates fighting the 2 bosses & all else before here, he can be a sticky fight where you really have to be careful if you don’t have resta.
After everyone’s gone from the field & Huey has said his piece, you can see a mysterious girl appear on the boss arena. It is a newman woman with up-pointed ears, pink tipped yellow hair & the black trench coat/w/Falz symbol on the back. She takes a look around, says that it’s “more interesting” to see who fought here than it is to view the area where Dark Falz Elder was sealed. (Seeing the sealing site was her original intent) She then goes away.
*What you apparently DO NOT see (no matter what)
Huey appears via the intercom chat.
At the end, if you don’t get all 1000 points Huey congratulates you on getting to the end, and says you did well, however he’s cutting down your vacation time and you don’t get the prize but you do get to keep your job. It then lets you collect the crystals from the enemy & go up to the ship & the lobby. In the lobby, Huey will appear to you again, jumping down from the high door-frame. He confesses he lied about it being mandatory (thanks a lot there /sarcasm) and is grateful you even showed up. He wants to ask a personal question though: Why do you continue to train/become stronger?
If you say “For Great Justice!” He launches into an ‘inspiring’ speech which is slightly confusing instead…saying that even though the circle of karma, dreams can open new doors & everyone uses their blazing justice to grab hold of the future. He then leaves. (Does Huey know about CATS & "All Your Base"? That's what the phrase is from)
If you say For Someone
If you say For Arks